MiniBee (revA) – programming the bootloader
Before the firmware can be uploaded to the board, a bootloader needs to be present on the board. This section describes how the bootloader can be programmed onto the board. This only needs to be done once; depending on how you obtained your board, the bootloader may already have been programmed onto the board.
- 2 pin female header to RX/TX
- 2 pin female header to 3.3V / GND
- female headers to pin D11, D12, D13
- You need:
- A programmer board to fit the board on
- A USB adapter
- AVR mkII – avr programmer
- While programming the bootloader, you must hold a wire to the reset pin. This is to work around an omission in the revA design.
- Use the Arduino programming software
- Set the board type to LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega 168.
- Choose “Program Bootloader” with “AVR ISP mkII”
- On Ubuntu Linux you must run the Arduino software as root in order to do this