Preparing the Arduino IDE for use with SenseStage
We have created some special definitions for the SenseStage boards to use within Arduino. These adaptations are necessary for revision B of the SenseStage MiniBee, as this revision uses a different clock than any of the default Arduino boards. For revision A, you can select to use the “LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega168″ or “Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8 MHz), w/ ATmega168″ instead.
- Get the Arduino IDE.
- You must have Arduino IDE 0018 or greater (older versions do not support additional hardware definitions the same way).
- Download the Arduino SenseStage extensions.
- Unarchive the download.
- In there you will find a folder called “hardware”.
- Copy the folder (including all the contents) to the root of your Arduino Sketch folder. If you have already a “hardware” folder in there, then copy the “minibee” folder that is in the downloaded package’s “hardware” folder to it.
- You will also find a folder called “libraries” in the downloaded package.
- Copy the folder (including all the contents) to the root of your Arduino Sketch folder. If you have already a “libraries” folder in there, then copy the “MiniBee” folder that is in the downloaded package’s “libraries” folder to it.
- (Re)start arduino.
- The MiniBee Boards will show up in the Tools -> Board ->.
- The MiniBee Firmware examples will show up in the File -> Examples -> MiniBee, and the MiniBee Firmware library will show up in Sketch -> Import Library… -> MiniBee